1.usually i make breakfast for my family _______ saturdays.
a. between b. for c. on d. in
2. to complete her online learning, suzy needs a computer or a mobile phone to receive messages ________ her teachers.
a. during b. through c. from d. for
3. chinese always eat ________ chopsticks at a young age because it is a tradition of china.
a. against b. with c. over d. by
4. —i made mistakes. what should i do?
—you should try to solve the problems by yourself________ escaping from them.
a. instead of b. ahead of
c. apart from d. more than
5. —shall i help you go ________ the street, grandpa?
—no, thanks. i can manage it myself.
a. under b. across c. over d. above
1.a chinese survey team reached the top of mount qomolangma o________ may 27th, 2020, which will improve human knowledge of nature and scientific development.
2.mr. smith always encourages his students to be active i________ class.
3.i usually improve my spoken english b________ practicing conversations with my foreign friends.
4.the highspeed train b________ qingdao and beijing travels faster now, and it's very convenient for us.
5.the earth is the only home f________ us. green hills and clean water are the true treasure.
1. when are you arriving? i'll pick you up ________ the station.
2. to live a lowcarbon life, we should turn ________ the lights when we leave the room.
3. more and more students are willing to do volunteer work ________ summer vacations.
4. i always go ________ school by bike or by bus. what about you?
5. you shouldn't go to school________ an empty stomach. it's not good for your health.
6. mary started to play the guitar at the age ________six. and she has won many prizes.
7. he always helps the homeless and he knows more ________ how to care for others.
8. ________ students, we should often go to the museum to get more knowledge from the things on show.
9. our teacher puts his whole heart ________ finding ways to improve our study ability.
10. don't worry and just do what you want to do. i am always ________ you and give you support.
do you know how to improve our english?
when we learn new english vocabulary, don't just remember a list 1.________ words. instead, we should make sentences 2.________ the new word as often as we can the next time we learn it. in this way we will remember new words much longer.
practising sounds is difficult—the “th” sound, 3.________ example. choose words that begin with “th”， and read them over and over again until we are familiar with them. now, let's have a try! this, that, those, them, think, thought, through, thin...
read, read, read—in english, of course! reading is one of the best ways to increase our vocabulary and improve our grammar in a natural way. be sure to choose topics or books we are interested 4.________.
when someone is talking in english, listen to the main point. if we hear a word we don't understand, ignore(忽视) it and go 5.________ listening. if we stop and think 6.________ the word, we will miss some other things the person is saying.
always remember—progress would not have been possible 7.________ enough practice. don't be afraid to make mistakes when we practice speaking english. don't be shy, try to be brave and speak up!
(一)、1. c 2. c 3. b 4. a 5. b
(二)、1. on 2. in 3. by 4. between 5. for
(三)、a. 1. at 2. off 3. during 4. to 5. with 6. of，7. about 8. as 9. into 10. behind
b. 1. of 2. with 3. for 4. in 5. on 6. about 7. without